After looking at theories for compositions, I started making sketches for the location of Cadair Idris as it is a real mountain in North Wales. In the bottom right corner of this first image is a doodle of an idea I had in mind, and from this I used black and white collage to experiment with making possible images. For the first two images I used the rule of thirds, and the third image is based on symmetry. These images were a great way to start out by being able to see areas of improvement such as scale, composition and detail.
One of the elements that needs improvement is the giant sitting on the mountain in the first composition, as it is too big and needs to include the whole character. The next step will be to recreate some of these images at a larger scale, with more tonal variety to help distinguish depth and overlapping of certain elements, and also to develop a range of faces and emotions for the giants.
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3




No comments:
Post a Comment