After making some rough sketches, I started making some symmetrical paper cuts by folding the paper in half and seeing the image repeated on the opposite side. I used this method as I wanted to see the effect symmetry could have as an outcome. I think the symmetry is a great effect but the paper cut is very limiting for the type of detail I would like to incorporate, and also has to be cut in a considered way so that it will stay together as one image, but is an efficient way to plan a composition at a fair size quickly.
1)
2)
Image 1 has a mountain in the centre, with trees on the left and right, with 2 streams leading from the mountain to the lake at the bottom, with Gelert, the King and the Prince in the centre.
Image 2 has a tree directly in the centre, with a mountain either side, clouds hanging from a line across the top and a small hut at the bottom. This scene is not completed with characters yet, but will have a drawn version.


No comments:
Post a Comment