After hearing the news
of his sister being mistreated by her husband in Ireland, Bendigeidfran gathers his army on the West coast of wales and
prepares for battle, and as he is so tall, he is able to wade the sea with his
ships. The challenge facing this scene was judging how to gage distance between
the two counties whilst still being able to allow enough detail for narrative.
I originally created this image in a landscape format, but it really didn’t allow
for enough space to convey distance. I reused the same drawings and re arranged
in a landscape format. In my opinion, this has improved the layout, but I also
feel that there in too much white space in the centre of the image where there’s
sea. I considered filling the space by colouring in the water area, or creating
wave patterns, but I did not want to risk it looking to childish , and therefor
decided that it would be best to suggest at there being water by using water
trail ripples.

No comments:
Post a Comment